We provide direct access to a critical component of virtually every real estate transaction … the title company. The main purpose of title insurance is risk avoidance. Weichert Title examines all state, county, and local records with great care to search for – and cure – possible defects in title. Title insurance insures against things that have occurred PRIOR TO the issuance of the policy.
Timely, Reliable Service
- We produce titles routinely within one week where back title is available and within two weeks where it is not.
- We strive to improve communication between lenders, buyers, sellers, and all professionals involved in bringing a transaction successfully to closing. The result: parties working together toward the common goal – closings as scheduled.
Weichert Title Agency guarantees you the lowest rates permitted by their underwriters as filed with the N.J. Department of Insurance. Call Weichert Title Agency: 1-800-528-8853*
*In Maryland, call Weichert Title Agency of Maryland LLC: 1-301-340-7400
In Pennsylvania, call Weichert Closing Services Co.: 1-800-970-0050
In Virginia And Washington, D.C., call Weichert Title Agency LLC: 1-301-340-7411
Weichert National Title (all other areas): 1-866-448-4303
What is Title Insurance?
Title insurance is a contract which indemnifies against loss arising through defect in the title to real property. More If the title is insurable, the title company will guarantee against loss due to any defects in title not specifically set forth in the policy, and pay all expenses in defense of any lawsuit which attacks the title as insured within the terms of the policy.
To protect against the many possibilities of loss due to title defects, a buyer of real property should purchase an owner’s policy.
Nearly all residential mortgages originated today are sold to investors, and the mortgage will likely require a lender’s policy to protect only the lender from any loss due to title defects.
Hidden Risks Covered by Title Insurance
There may be defects in title which an examination may not disclose. A title policy protects against all of these hidden risks, and more:
- Marital property rights not disclosed of record
- Conveyances altered before recording
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single but secretly married
- Deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds delivered after death of grantor or grantee, or without consent of the grantor
- Defective foreclosures of mortgages
- Errors made by administrators and executors
- Errors in copying and indexing
- False representations in appointment of guardians and administrators
- Falsification of records
- Forged deeds, releases, or wills
- Fraud, duress, or coercion in securing essential signatures
- Illegal acts of trustees
- Instruments executed under expired or fabricated power of attorney
- Impersonations by fraudulent persons
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income, and gift taxes
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
Some important points to know about title insurance:
- A premium is paid only once, customarily at time of closing.
- It is your right to select the provider of your title services.
We recognize that your home is one of your most valued assets. We are, therefore, committed to provide you with the security of a protected investment.
Thank-you for considering us as part of your Weichert one-stop shopping team.
*Weichert Title Agency is a full-service title settlement and title insurance agency insuring buyers and borrowers in connection with the purchase or refinancing of real estate. Weichert Title Agency has a business relationship with Weichert, Realtors.
This is not meant to be a solicitation of Insurance in States we are not licensed.
While it is not a requirement to use Weichert Closing Services or Weichert Title Services, we hope you are satisfied with the product we offer and elect to use our services.